January 4, 2010
1) Write a gift wrap tutorial.
I have had a great time doing the Tutorial Tryout projects, but it's time to write my own! This feels like a risk because it initially felt a little presumptuous to make instructions for others to follow. But I've realized that tutorials make a blogger's ideas accessible, and that is something I really want to make happen here.
2) Write a guest post for a blog I admire.
The power of blogging is being able to communicate your ideas to anyone with an internet connection. But the question is - is anyone reading? I would love to expand the readership of The Gifted Blog, and guest posting on a like-minded blog is one way to get the word out. Any potential takers?
3) Teach another workshop.
My last workshop was a great experience, and I'm eager to do another. It was also a much more fun way to earn blog-related money than analyzing ad revenue!
4) Learn from better bloggers.
More specifically, I'm going to apply some teaching points from "31 Days to Build a Better Blog" by Problogger. I hope that this ambitious series will stretch me as a blogger and give you, my readers, an improved blog! Here are the first two lessons:
Day 1: Write an Elevator Pitch for Your Blog
Day 2: Write a List Post
If you're writing a blog about your own creative pursuits and want to try these with me, leave a comment!
Bloggers and gift-wrappers alike, did you make New Year's resolutions this year?
- Thank You. Reflections on the 3-month anniversary of The Gifted Blog.
- Free Idea Friday: Fresh & Easy. More appropriately titled "How to Wrap a Free Gift", this is the closest I've gotten to making a tutorial.
- Gift Toppers Workshop Recap. Pictures and stories from the first Gifted workshop!
Categories: On blogging