My Messenger Secret Pal, Manya, loved the presents I gave her!...She even guessed it was me when she saw the funky little tag I put on today's present.
I was positive my Secret Pal was a girl - I'd received a huge platter of Christmas cookies, modelling clay, and today Gelly Roll pens. BUT - at the end of the period this sweet junior, A.W., told me he was my Secret Santa! [H]e didn't have a Secret Pal, so he hadn't gotten ANY gifts...I was blown away by how he was able to put so much care and generosity into his gifts without receiving anything in return. And he told me he MADE the COOKIES HIMSELF, and it took him HOURS. AUGH! And he curls the ribbon on his gifts!Insights gained:
1) Even in high school, I was making "funky little tags" for gifts.
2) I was sooo modest!
3) Even then I knew that a man who could curl ribbon was noteworthy.
What about you? If you're one of those "gift wrapping people", have you liked to wrap gifts for a long time? It always amazes me that there are certain types who just love doing it.
- Free Idea Friday: Make Your Own Tags. My high school self might not have deemed these "funky", but this post is dedicated to making gift tags yourself.
- Runs in the Family. I shouldn't be surprised that gift wrapping was a topic in my high school diary - here, read about three generations of gift wrapping aficionados in my family tree.
- Gift Wrapping Arsenal: Fabric Ribbon. More about my family's influence on my gift wrapping practice.